Hygiene Audit Digital Support Tools.
Our software solution simplifies the infection prevention and control auditing process.
The new National Standards apply to all community services outside of the acute hospital setting. Examples of services include but are not limited to:
- Nursing homes
- Ambulance services
- Care delivered in the home
- Dental practices and general practices
At Hygiene Audits we have developed tailored audits to suit your area of healthcare. Audits and training are performed by registered general nurses with key expertise in Infection Prevention and Control.We will audit your facility then train you to do it yourself. You can nominate an IPC champion and we will liaise with you to train and support this staff member.This staff member will be trained on-site in our audit tool so they can monitor their own environmental hygiene standards with our support and backup for any queries or issues that may arise.
How we work?
We take the time to understand the complexities of your facility.Our audit tools are customised and tailored to your facility.
Designed by Infection prevention experts,our digital audit tools will ensure compliance with regulations and reduce risks of infection to patients and staff.We digitally track and trace your IPC schedules to ensure visibility and accountabilty
Our 5-step approach
1. We will meet with management and review your documentation in your healthcare facility
2. Based on our review the audit process is tailored to the facility.
3. A one-day on-site audit and this will be carried out by an infection prevention control nurse and we will train your chosen hygiene champion to self-audit using our digital support tool.
4. Results will be evaluated and a recommendation will be put forward based on the audit result.
5. We will present our audit findings and report to the management team
A detailed action plan will also be provided as per HIQA national standards.
- Good:score of 85% or above
- Fair:score of 76% to 84%
- Poor:score of 75% or under
Quality improvement software and online reporting.
- Environmental hygiene (Clinical areas and service user areas)
- Patient equipment
- Hand hygiene
- Waste management
- Safe handling of sharps
- Management of laundry and linen
- Staff training in infection control practices
- Occupational health
- Decontamination of reusable medical devices
- Safe handling of bodily fluids
- Cleaning practices for housekeeping
- Management of IPC practices
- Waste Management
(This list is not exhaustive and is tailored to your area of healthcare)